History - of Cashmere Presbyterian Church
Our Original Church
Our original church was built in the pioneer settlement of Old Mission in 1892.
It was the first Protestant church in the area and it served several other faiths during those first years.
One of the founding fathers was O.J. Steward, who also owned a general store in town and ran the post office.
In 1896, the earliest school classes in the town were held in our church!
In October 1992, we celebrated our centennial with a banquet honoring relatives of Steward and other pioneers.
Our Current Church
Our current church was built on the corner of Elberta and Maple in the heart of Cashmere (Old Mission) located at 303 Maple Street, Cashmere, Washington, USA.
First Presbyterian Church was dedicated November 30, 1930 to the service of God. The name was formally changed to "Cashmere Presbyterian Church".